As I was watching BET another night, some friends and i also were having a discussion concerning the best underground rappers from the South. Therefore i decided basically would definitely make a list of the greatest, what is the one word I can consider to gauge them by? And also the word I developed was consistency. Let's see who with this list meets this criteria.
1. Pastor Troy- Residing out of Augusta, Ga & arguably probably the most controversial underground rap artist of his time. Pastor Troy stormed onto the scene with all the 1999 with his smash hit single "We Ready" (I Declare War) attacking Master P, which many people say he successfully ended Master P's rap career. No underground rap artist has released more music than Mr. Troy himself. With 23 albums like a solo artist and 3 albums with his group D.S.G.B inside a 12-year carrier. No-one can possibly disagree with Pastor troy standing on this list.
2. Project Pat- This Tennessee representa was the main reason the song "Sippin on Some Sizzurp" by Three 6 Mafia was obviously a hit. Noted for his legal troubles using the law, Project Pat exploded to the on his third solo album with all the mega ton hit single off of the 2001 Mista Don't Play album "Chicken Head"! This record was obviously a classic inside the South. With eight studio albums and ten mix tapes later. Project Pat remains a force to be reckoned with.
3. Bun B- Hailing out of Port Arthur, Texas, Bun B is historically proven to the world together half of UGK. Bun B is certainly and I mean probably the most influential and lyrically acclaimed well-known rappers through the entire hip-hop industry. Using a silky smooth baritone delivery Bun B will run circles across the average MC. The world as you may know it learned just how cold he was on Jay Z's "Big Pimpin" song from the Life & Times of S. Carter album. That has been by far one of the better verses about the song. Using a classic album under his belt " Trill OG" and three solo albums combined. It's impossible we could deny the Under Ground King from located on this list.
4. BG- Born and raised in the mean streets of New Orleans, B.G. is among the most underrated and forgotten about underground rappers from your south. But this man has a serious catalogue. From your albums Chopper City, It's All you Vol. 1 & Vol. 2, Obtain it How U Live and Guerrilla Warfare with all the group Hot Boys, Chopper City In The Ghetto, & Checkmate, (with Cash Money Records). Towards the Independent albums Living Legend, Life After Cash Money, One's heart of tha Streetz, Vol.1 & The center of tha Streetz, Vol.2 (I will be Things i Am) and diverse other albums. With fourteen albums to his catalogue combined, ten as a solo artist & two included in the Hot Boyz & two with Chopper City Boyz. B.G.'s catalogue speaks for itself.
5. Lil Boosie- Known for his gritty street rap style and his run ins with all the law, Lil Boosie aka Boosie Bad Azz has elevated the rap game for over ten years now. From his first debut feature on C-Loc's 2000 album "It's A bet," to his first 2003 solo debut with Trill Entertainment "For My Thugz". Lil Bossie has been consistent through out the years. Lil Boosie recorded two more solo albums, one inch 2006 entitled "Bad Azz" and the other last year called "Super Bad: The Return of Boosie Bad Azz". With several collaboration albums with label mate Lil Weebie under his belt, Lil Bossie has proven to become one of the best underground rappers in the South.
6. Young Buck- From Nashville, Tennessee, Young Buck began by helping cover their Cash Money Records and in the end would wind up leaving the label with label mate Juvenile around 2000 to go to UTP Records. But his carrier didn't lose until he met NY rapper 50 Cent then he later sign to G-Unit. Young Buck then featured on 50 Cent's Get wealthy or Die Trying album. He later on dropped "Straight Outta Cashville" where he released the smash hit single off the album " Shorty Wanna Ride With Me" which established Young Buck being a force in the rap game. Young Buck is regarded as one of the better lyricist in the South by fellow rappers in the industry. With all the discharge of "Buck the World" & Rehab. Buck has been consistent through his along carrier.
7. Yo Gotti- From Memphis, Tennessee Yo Gotti began out back 2000 along with his first album titled "From Da Dope Game To Da Rap Game" and has been making moves rap game for over 10 years consistently. With five studio albums and 7 mix tapes to his name. Yo Gotti has proven he's stamina as well as the wok ethic to remain relevant inside the ever-changing rap game.